Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Crabby mama crabby mama what do YOU see?


I see lots of dirty dishes looking at me. 

I want to be crabby about it. But I am trying to change my heart about it.

I do dishes up to three times a day. And we don't have a dishwasher.

So, in this moment, I'm trying to see something different than just 20 minutes of more house work.
What do I see when I look at this millionth sink full of dishes that I am about to dive in to?

I see plates that served peanut butter toast and apple sauce for lunch.
I see bowls that served oatmeal.
I see water bottles and glasses that delivered fresh, clean water to my thirsty babes and our friends.
I see silverware that my kids used to play with play dough used to feed themselves.
I see pots and pans that we cooked dinner in last night.

... which means my family has had another meal. My babies have full bellies and have had plenty to drink today. They didn't have to experience any real feeling of hunger. They didn't have to experience thirst.

So today i am choosing to be grateful for the dirty dishes.

And I'll get right on them as soon as I help Eli get Gabriel's "comfy boots" on for the 327th time today.


It's been a while friends. Hope you all are hangin' in there as the weather is getting colder and the days are getting shorter.

Life has been busy lately: New babies, new life challenges, new friends, new books, new stages and phases, new sets of swears + prayers, new experiences, new relationships, lots of newness.

I get to go to FlArida in a week and a half! Maybe I can catch up on blogging there. Probably not though. Until next time sisters (and brothers too)...

1 comment:

  1. Amen, sister! - Jenny from prekinderkiddos.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete