Monday, July 1, 2013

I'm back, I'm back.


I took a little time off from the blog. I just needed some space. And I needed to focus on my family. And my house. And my marriage. Blogging wasn't really getting in the way of all of these things, but it was just one more thing on my mental "to-do" list.

Over the last couple of weeks, the kids and I have stayed busy playing with friends and going out and doing fun stuff. Matt and I have been on lots of dates. I've gotten to spend time having meaningful conversations and fun nights out with my good friends. I may have even danced to a Ciara song and/or sang (loudly) along with TLC to the scrubs song. And there may or may not be footage on my iPhone to prove this.

Me and little sister at a wedding last weekend.
 P.s. I finally got a pair of cowboy boots.

Luckily Hil knows the scrub song too, so she did back-up.
This was taken after we sang. We are way hotter when we are
pretending to be the girls in the TLC music video. Duh.

But I am back. I am stronger and happier. A lot has been accomplished in the last couple of weeks. A lot has been learned. A lot has been worked through. It was a time of refinement and revelation. 

And now I am ready to start sharing again. Next Monday I will continue on with the healthy family traits. I have a couple of beautiful mamas to share with you this week! One is an amazing photographer and has  interior design skillz that would blow you away. The other one is a full time stay-at-home-mama that works full time, from home! She is pretty amazing. Can't wait to share them with you.

Today I am starting another Whole30. If you are wondering what it is, you can check out the plan here. Basically it is an eating plan containing only meat, vegetables, fruits, nuts, seeds, and healthy oils like coconut for cooking and olive for dressings. The last one I did was great. It was hard but it was successful. I lost over 15 pounds and felt wonderful. What is the hardest part for me? I can't use sweet creamer in my coffee. UUUGH. Now I have to use coconut milk. UUUUgggghhhHH. But I am going to keep it positive, and say this is going to be great. And I feel like if I announce it on here, you all are kind of keeping me accountable.

Bed times have been going late 'round here since summer started. But it's been fun doing fun family stuff until 9pm at night. Like last night, we headed out to Lake Johanna at 8pm. We met my mom and her husband and we ate watermelon and popsicles while the kids splashed in the water. It was so fun.


I think that is it for now, nothing too exciting. Lot's in store for future posts. Don't worry, this won't turn in to a food blog while I am trying to get creative on my whole30 challenge.

I am currently obsessed really having fun making videos with Instagram's new video option. So, I will give you a few sweet videos to see what we have been up to lately. The editing options turn life's most mundane tasks and happenings in to the sweetest memories that I will weep over someday.

Eli and his sink bath

Just another typical day at our house

Daddy getting his workout in

At the lake last night


Well, thanks for checking in with me. Hope you all have a great Monday. 
Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment