Monday, February 10, 2014

Too Cool For Naps...

As of late, most of the children in my care during the day-time hours are feeling too cool for nap times.

We'll start with "Miss Thang", "baby booty", "bebe mona"..... (just a few nick names we have for this little one that joined the daily crew at the Hegstrom house.) Meet my LP's baby girl. Remember when I did a post about her with her cute little pregnant belly? Well her daughter sleeps perfectly for her mother and father. PER-FECT-LY. Like 12 hours straight through the night PERFECT. So then she sleeps for me NE-VER. I ain't even mad at ya 'mona. As long as you remain perfect for my lp.



Gabriel quit naps long ago, but in the fall he fell back in to a little bit of a routine just because I'd lay down with him and bribe him with cookies or a movie if he would just close his eyes for 10 minutes.... and usually it worked 'cause he'd pass out by the 8th minute. Don't judge. And it doesn't even work anymore anyway. Bummer.

Eli has refused for the last two weeks. He is sooooo over sleeping in a crib, but he is tiny, and a crib is what ya get when there isn't a bigger bed for you yet. So get over it pal. No you get over it Sierra. Okay fine. skip it. But then he was just falling asleep while watching our daily afternoon viewing of Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 2.



And then last week, something happened when little boys were tired but fought with all their might to skip naps.

They fell asleep having major temper tantrums. 

So here is Gabe who refused to eat his delicious and creamy potato soup (complete with bacon and cheese). He wanted more bacon. We said no. He screamed and yelled. Then fell asleep at 6:30 pm.


And here is Eli. Passed out over something, I don't even know what. And yes, these are the same pajamas that he fell asleep on Ronan in the day before. My kid wore pajamas (the SAME pajamas) two days in a row. Don't judge. And yes, we got a dog. Didn't I tell you?


And then the next day, again, a major-snot-and-tears-all-over-the-face, screaming, yelling all-out melt down at 3:30pm. Out. Face-down.




Eli is 2 1/2 years old. His terrible two's only rear their ugly head about once a day. It's exhausting for him. Poor guy.

The constant Minnesota cold is making all of us a little crazy and irrational. It's been a billion below zero for days and days. There has been many MANY days I wish I coulda just buried my face into the floor and cried myself to sleep. ugh. I can't wait for spring. We need to be able to go outside.

Tomorrow will be my first attempt at mom's group with all four kiddos. Send this girl a prayer or two. 'kay thanks.

Sorry this was a boring post. i kinda just wanted to show off the funny pictures of my sleeping kiddos. Yeah. I use the word "kiddo" LP.... sorry. You will too one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment