Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Good moms have sticky floors...

Last week I went to Gordman's and found a candle on sale for only $4. I have another one just like it that also has a funny saying on it ("Excuse the mess, my children are busy making memories" or something like that...) and I love it because it's like a $25 candle that lasts forever. It also smells really good and so I was glad to find another one. 

"Good moms have sticky floors, dirty ovens and happy kids"

The aroma is not only pleasant  but it also affirms me as a mom of three young boys in this season of life...

Exhibit A.
Exhibit B.
Exhibit C.

Exhibit D.
And to that I say:

nailed it!

(I also know really GOOD MOMS 
who have sparkly clean stove tops,
hardwood floors you can see your reflection in
and SUPER happy kiddos.) 

For this mom that is embarrassed at times by 
the floors and
annoyed by the stove top, this message
makes my day. It's my message of grace.

Now I should probably go clean the top of my stove. Luckily Matt mopped this weekend;)

On another note, My birthday week is still under way. Yesterday was the official day and it was lovely. I have officially completed the first year in my 30s. Being that I am 31 now, I guess I am officially in my 30 somethings. When did I become a grown up?? I look forward to doing a post about my birthday adventures that included and will have included dressing up like I was going to prom, a 24 hour trip to Princeton, wining and dining with my LP, a kid friendly birthday complete with donuts, a family party and a cider date with my birthday buddy, etc. etc.  

No comments:

Post a Comment