Friday, June 7, 2013

mothers are beautiful intentions

As I mentioned yesterday, I am beginning to read this book called 

Desperate: Hope for the Mom Who Needs to Breath   
  • Sarah Mae and  
  • Sally Clarkson. I am only through the first chapter or so and I already feel so encouraged. 
  • I wanted to share an excerpt from their book:
     

  •  
  •       This is the true beginning point - God. He is the one who created babies bursting with the life and the mamas who love to care and watch over them. He brought forth from His imagination the most beautiful of gardens, threw galaxies of stars in to orbit, and painted our world with color. In keeping with His character, He must have intended something beautiful in creating a woman with this ability to give life, nurture with love, and cultivate the souls of a precious human being entrusted into her hands.       Each of us has a story, but God, who originated the design of motherhood, is the expert advisor to whom we should turn. God has equipped us for every good work, and I am quite confident that He who designed this role to be so eternally significant is the one who is ready to help, support, instruct, and guide. He will provide all we need for the task He has given us to fulfill. But to heat from God we must become women on the Word and women who pray, so that His voice may lead us as we grow in to this role with grace. 


    Mothers are beautiful intentions.
    Pretty amazing if you ask me. 




    What an incredible gift it is to have been chosen to be the mother of these crazy kiddos. And what an amazing gift that I am not raising them by my own wisdom and strength. 

    Seriously, check out this book. Good good stuff.

    Have a great weekend everyone. 

    I still need to unpack...

    Peace.

    6 comments:

    1. I gotta get it! Are we doing this book club thing? I need a date in mind to talk about it, so it'll get me going to actually reading it. sounds so good!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Yeah you do. Lets plan a play date for July where we can discuss our other book!

        Delete
    2. My friend recommended Desperate to me and I've only read a few chapters, but it is truly pure encouragement.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. After reading a chapter today, I am so refreshed in my mothering outlook. We CAN do this!

        Delete
    3. So many moms need this encouragement! Thanks for sharing.

      ReplyDelete
    4. Quiana thanks for you kind words. Seriously check out the book. It's amazing to read what these women have to offer to moms who are tired and just trying to make it through. Thanks for reading my blog!

      ReplyDelete