Monday, March 25, 2013

world's okayest mom here.

Wow, i just posted like 10 minutes ago, but since then, a situation occured that I felt needed to be shared.

When Max is having a hard day and being a total punk, I tell him in a loving and sweet voice that even when he is having a hard day, being mean and saying really hurtful things, that I still love him. Just now Gabe gave him a harsh kick in the side with a rubber boot on. It swiped Max's bare skin and he wailed. Rightfully so, right? A swift rubber boot against bare skin is painful! Gabriel said "SORRY." in the snottiest tone possible and walked away with his arms folded across his chest. I felt like such a good mom when Max walked up to me, tears still on his face, and said,

"Mom? even though Gabe hurt me and was mean, I'm still gonna love him. Just like you teach me that even when I am mean, you still love me."

Well, I felt quite accomplished. What I am teaching him is actually sinking in. Then he says, with the sweetest and most innocent smile,

"... and I still love you. Even when you are the meanest mom and have a bad attitude."

well, there ya go. 
Thanks son. 
For keeping me humble. And keepin' it real.

(source)

Yours truely, 
Winner of the Okayest Mom of the Day Award. Me.

1 comment:

  1. I have that first moment of success followed by humbling moments quite often.... i love this story. So cute.

    ReplyDelete