Sunday, January 6, 2013

Sunday Morning Revelations

Sunday Morning Perfection

This morning, We woke up and decided we should all go out for family breakfast at one of our FAVORITE breakfast restaurants, Louisiana Cafe over off of Dale and Selby here in St. Paul.

Usually, we NEVER go out as a family of five because:
a.) It is expensive.
2.) Our kids end up getting board as we wait and then they make us mad and then when we finally get our food, we are ticked and just rush through eating.
h.) Because going out to eat without kids is way more fun. 

But today, for some reason we thought it would be a good idea. We all got dressed and out the door in an orderly fashion even. Whoa. 

If you think that this post is going to be about how to do a successful family trip out to eat, you are wrong. Don't worry. Although our experience was pretty great, and with minimal melt downs, I learned that sometimes it just works. And when it does, just work, for whatever reason, it reminds me that things are going to be okay in the long run. 

Lately our kids have been driving us completely bonkers. But these little moments, when all three boys are nice and happy and well-behaved, are the moments we will remember most. At least that's what all the seasoned moms tell me when I tell them that I will not survive through these early years and that I can't wait 'til I am 60. 

Yes, my son uses a fork and knife while eating. So proper.

Gabe decided he needed to wear his plastic Handy Manny visor.
It was totally appropriate for our fancy breakfast.



Matt wondering why I have to play photo journalist at every outing. 
We trashed the place. And I didn't have to clean up. 'Twas wonderful
After our breakfast, we went to church. Worship was great. My boys danced and waved little flags and streamers. Our church is down with the kids flag waving and streamer dancing. I had nursery duty, so I missed out on the sermon. Today was "theme Sunday" where our pastor reveals what the prophetic theme for our church body is. Last year was "2012:The Year to Dream" So we all were encouraged to follow the dreams that God has put in our hearts. Our dream was to have a house in a great neighborhood, that was big enough to host Christmas. If you have read my blog over the last year, you will see that God totally made all that happen. 

This year is 2013: The Year to Engage. I'll need to listen to the sermon podcast as soon as it is loaded on to iTunes. It's so cool, this theme, because last week Matt had mentioned to me a teaching he had heard that really challenged him. It was about how we all want to change the world, which is impossible, because the world is HUGE. But that we are able to change one person's world, by investing in them and doing to them what we would do to  everyone if we were able. Engage. Engage in people's lives, in their troubles and in their joys. Reach out and be present. 

Matt and I are praying in to who the people are that we are supposed to take on. What about you? Can you try to be the change that just one person needs in order for their world to change, even in just small ways? 

I'm going to go change my 5 year old's world right now, by dipping in to a mint chocolate chip Haagen Dazs pint. While the other littles are napping, Max and I will have a little Sunday afternoon home-date. 

Peace out y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment