Thursday, March 22, 2012

Waiting... waiting.. waiting...

I feel like we've been in a place of waiting for the last 4+ years. We're finally in the last phase I think. Waiting for our new house. We found our house almost two months ago. We had seen about 10 houses in person, and had checked out hundreds on-line. When we walked in to the house, we felt like it was the one. Great location, nice open floor plan on the first level, great backyard, nice big bathroom, huge dining room... it seemed great. The bedrooms were a little small, but like my friend Heidi told me, bedrooms are for sleeping. How much time do we really spend in our rooms? We saw it on a Sunday, and on Monday we went back to put in an offer. Well four other offers were submitted that weekend too, so the bidding war began. We offered full price, but a week went by and we heard nothing, so we assumed we didn't get it. The day after Valentine's Day we found out we got it. Except for I had already completely detached from the house. So I was excited, but not super excited. The anxiety set in... was this really the best house?! Buying a house is so stressful. But I needed to remember that I did love the house the first and second times I saw it. I still can't believe that it is going to be ours. Probably due to the fact that the bank is working extremely slow, and now a month and a half later we are still waiting for an answer on the price being reduced. We know our closing date will be by April 12. But who knows. Until then, I continue to pin ideas on my pintrest board. I am so excited to decorate my house. MY house. OUR house. God has been so good to us in this waiting period. He's helped us to get our finances in order, pay off a lot of debt. He's strengthened our family and our faith. He's provided for our every need. He's always watching over us.  


jeremiah 33:3 




No comments:

Post a Comment