Tuesday, June 19, 2012

honey it's hot outside...


It's 90 degrees out right now. It's listed as feeling like 96. Dew point is at 70 degrees (anything over 55 is pretty much unbearable). Gabriel, Eli and Tya are all napping in air conditioned rooms, and Max and I are sitting perfectly still in the living room in front of our media of choice. Mine is blogger.com, his is Sponge Bob. 


This summer so far has been good. I feel like the depression I was battling lifted once I got home from California. California was a lot of work, but it was fun, and so worth it. I got a cute hair cut and got lots of bonding time with my aunt and uncle. I watched my little boy chase waves. It was pretty close to heavenly. I got to spend time with my brother and even with my dear friend Emily. I got to see mountains, which is so therapeutic to me, probably because I am named after them and feel empowered and encouraged when I see them. 








 I have been doing really well with the extra kids I am watching, and I have even been able to keep them creatively entertained with outside play and art projects. My stress level has been really low, and I am managing the extra little ones well. I am making a constant conscious effort to be serving these kids out of love, not just tolerating them because I am getting paid to do so. I have let the kids paint, use pastels, mod podge, etc. I'm even having fun drawing again. We had a birthday party for Scout, and have been playing with the neighbor kids a lot too. 



maximo and gabe actually being allowed to make a mess!
mixing colors and loving the artistic freedom

i'm starting to draw again. here is my little sparrow.

We've gotten to celebrate birthdays, mother's day and our second father's day with out dad recently. I love having parties here in our home, it's what I have been looking forward to for a long time. We had a surprise 60th birthday party for Uncle Norm and David. We had some of our church family over, it was really nice to have everyone here. This weekend we are hosting a cocktail party here with our friends. Everyone will dress up and we will play games and eat and drink like fancy grown ups. I have been working on making little hanging lanterns for tea lights that I will hang in our tree. I made them out of baby food jars and wire. They are so sweet. We love opening our home up for friends and family. 

birthday blessings being prayed over  uncle norm and david



Eli is teething. He is a hot mess most of the time these days. He is pushing through his top two teeth. Slimy, slobbery, whiny, snotty, cranky boy. And he does this funny face that looks like a little baby honey badger. Scary, yet kinda sweet. Can you see the resemblance?


ew. but cute.



 And that wraps up my lengthy update. Can't wait to post pics of our party this weekend.



No comments:

Post a Comment