Thursday, September 12, 2013

sometimes His mercies are new at night too.

just a little update.

I didn't put Gabriel down for a nap today, and Eli only napped for an hour. For dinner I made spaghetti, and I made sure those kids ate til they were full. After dinner we ran those kids hard at the neighborhood park. Maybe a little too hard... Gabe's face got smashed. We just ran them hard, we did not smash Gabe's face. Gabe did it. Or maybe it was Max (on accident of course as they were pouring sand down the slide, making the ride faster... oh boys.) We don't think his nose is broken, but it's swollen and we are keeping an eye on it. Yikes...

When we got home, I offered snacks. They ate some more. (Last night Eli was up half the night sobbing, and then he finally told me he needed a banana. Poor little dude was hungry! Growth spurt maybe?)

So hunger was out of the way. Sleepiness was earned. Next step was showers and then...

I was keeping positive about bedtime tonight. I was.

We read.
We sang.
We prayed.

Gabriel and Eli were out by 8:14pm. BOOM.



Then I got to snuggle with my biggest boy and assure him that tomorrow is a new day, and that he is going to have a fantastic day at school. Today was hard for him. I'll explain tomorrow.


Thank you Jesus that your mercies are new every morning, and even at night sometimes too.

Matthew and I even got to have a movie date in the living room. So now everyone will have gone to bed with full bellies, happy hearts, and feeling loved and cared for.

good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment